Freedom 5:one Internship
Freedom 5:one offers a 10 week summer internship. The internship responsibilities include:
- Assist and lead financial coaching appointments with clients
- Help prepare financial plans
- Observe and have opportunities to teach
- Assist administrative duties
- Gain experience in non-profit fundraising
- Gain experience networking in the community
- Exposure to financial professionals in the area
- Research best practices used in churches and other organizations in the U.S.
- Become familiar with current financial materials
- Grow public speaking skills
After the internship you will be able to:
- Lead financial coaching appointments
- Follow up with clients
- Effectively communicate financial advice (Retirement, Insurance, Taxes etc.)
- Effectively communicate God’s ownership and our stewardship relating to finances
- Network with local professionals
- Experience with fundraising
Participating in Kairos is another option in addition to the internship.The internship and Kairos are separate entities but merge together in some areas. A Freedom 5:one intern is not required to participate in Kairos, but it is encouraged.
Kairos is a an intense 10 week summer experience providing students an internship with a marketplace influencer (with Freedom 5:one in this case). It provides training for students from top thought and business leaders and creates opportunities for students to serve and process life together. This course bridges the gap between campus and the marketplace. Kairos is under the umbrella of WorkMatters. The vision for WorkMatters is to impact culture for Christ through faith at work. They are committed to helping men and women grow in their relationships with Christ through their work. Please check out the Kairos Facebook Page for more information about the program.
We are always available to answer any questions you have and give you more details.
We look forward to talking with you soon!
The Kairos Class of 2013 with Chris Haas